Collection of Information
When you use our App, we may collect the following types of information:
- Personal information: This includes information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, and phone number. We may also collect information such as your location, and purchase history.
- Device information: This includes information about your device, such as the type of device, its operating system, and unique device identifiers.
- Usage information: This includes information about how you use our App, such as the features you access and the pages you view.
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our App, and to personalize your experience. Specifically, we may use your information to:
- Verify your identity
- Fulfill your orders
- Respond to your inquiries
- Send you promotional offers
- Improve the App and develop new features
- Provide customer service
- Send you notifications
- Track your purchase history
Sharing of Information
We may share your information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: We may share your information with service providers who perform functions on our behalf, such as processing payments, hosting our App, and providing customer service.
- Business partners: We may share your information with our business partners, such as vendors and suppliers, to fulfill your orders and send you promotional offers.
- Compliance with laws: We may share your information as required by law, such as in response to a court order or subpoena.
- Protection of rights: We may share your information to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
We take reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take great care to protect your information, we cannot guarantee that it will always remain secure.
Changes to the Policy
We may update this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices or applicable laws. We will notify you of any material changes to the Policy by posting the new Policy on our App or by sending you an email.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].
This policy is compliant with the Google Play Store policy, as it outlines the collection, use, and sharing of information, and also includes security measures and a notice of policy updates.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to understand your shopping pattern to develop and improve our products and services.
- Administer and operate your account.
- Process your orders.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list if you do not wish to receive our promotional mail.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Payment details are processed on our system in an encrypted format. If you are concerned about the security of your own personal computers or any other devices you may use to make purchases online, we suggest you read the advice of Get Safe Online.
- If we contact you we will never ask for your password.
- We advice you never to enter your password or account number into an email if requested.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by Ofoodi UK privacy statement. You should be cautious and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish for this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [email protected].
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE NAME||COOKIE DESCRIPTION|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer ID with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|